Saturday 27 April 2013

On with the Show!

The wind doth blow...

And blow and blow and blow.... 




We've been gearing up for our local quilt show these past couple of weeks, slogging through snow & ice - rain & ice - ice & more ice... Now the winds blow (taking away all the ice and everything you are holding in your hands...) and they haven't stopped for the last 3 days! BUT!!! The show must go on!

I have chosen to show 2 of my quilts:

Broken Diamonds
Giant Granny Panties

I haven't had the opportunity to attend many quilt shows (2 as a matter of fact... :/) there is just something special about all those quilts, it's akin to reading a really great book that you just can't put down.  I am super excited to be able to help our guild show off our skills. 
On a personal level it's a real milestone for me to be able to show my quilts, I didn't have anything to show last year.. well that I was comfortable showing...  it's amazing to see how far I have come as a quilter and as a person, I do think that there is a fundamental change to your personality when you begin quilting. For me the difference is prominently with my level of patience, I am by far a much calmer person and less stressed as well as becoming more confident with myself.

Now that I professed to being more patient, I confess that I've been impatiently itching to complete some projects on my table, mainly the scrappy trip along but I've been continuously quilting charity quilts for the guild and haven't made too much progress on my own work. Not that I am complaining!!!!! Practice makes perfect as we all know and I have been jumping on the opportunities that have come my way. Now the only thing I have to do is start remembering to take pictures! 

5 Charity quilts down and 3 more to go!


Passionately quilting the world.

Chris.













1 comment:

  1. Thats what I like about donating quilts, they are a great opportunity to learn new skills in quilting techniques and not worry if a slight error shows up in the process, because the quilt is still a beauty to someone who needs the warmth and huggs that a quilt provides...

    ReplyDelete

Due to increased spam activity, I've gone to moderating comments and if it continues I will have to enable captcha sorry everyone.