Someday's it just doesn't pay to.....
Lose your stitch ripper!
I started quilting this, I had planned on being done yesterday so I could donate this quilt to an auction for a young man battling cancer, if you've read my first blog post you'll know that children battling cancer is very close to my heart.
I was mostly finished when I flipped it over and discovered every quilters nightmare, the puckered tuck... and not just one but quite a few and they were large ones. I think I was in such a hurry I didn't pin properly and the backing slipped. No I didn't take a picture ;)
So while picking the stitches out... with my seam ripper... I ripped the backing fabric, and it is a completely unfixable tear.
Moral of this story..... Use the right tool for the job! Oh and make sure your pins are secure!
|I love the wave pattern she used.|
So other than self medicating with cheesecake and netflix, I also accomplished more work on the building blocks quilt for my daughter.
I am using this quilt as a tester for all the different patterns I haven't had an opportunity to try yet. Here's my first attempt at paisley. I had an easier time with it than I thought I would. Still not perfect but not bad either.
I am also using a wave like stippling to move around the quilt, I am doing blocks of 4 in different patterns, the wave stipple will help fill the rest in, super quick and simple.
I think one of the biggest things I have to work on is size, I don't have a extension table nor a drop down sewing table so I am working with just a small space. I think I might try the blue foam insulation trick to give me a larger area to work in.
Passion in frustration!